This summer, Perdeberg Wines invites wine lovers and cocktail connoisseurs to get creative with its newly developed range of summer cocktail recipes. Simply add its popular easy-drinking and fruit-driven Soft Smooth Range (SSR), a few other ingredients, whip out a swizzle stick and you’re good to go.
SSR was created with fun and versatility in mind, and it leans into that this summer with three new refreshing cocktails that are perfect to enjoy over a lunch or while relaxing around the pool with family and friends as the mercury rises.
Available in a red, white and rosé varietal, SSR’s team has created a cocktail for each that complement the wine flavours while tantalizing too.
125ml SSR Red
40ml Blanco Tequila
30ml Lime juice
25ml Simple syrup
Lime for garnish
- Fill your shaker with ice.
- Add in your lime juice, tequila and simple syrup.
- Shake well until liquid is chilled.
- Pour into glass of choice.
- Float the red wine over the back of a spoon into the cocktail mixture.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and enjoy!
125ml SSR White
25ml Simple syrup
25ml Grapefruit vodka
Sprig of rosemary for garnish
Orange or grapefruit for garnish
Fill your glass halfway with ice.
2. Add in the vodka, simple syrup and white wine.
- Top up with soda water.
- Garnish with rosemary and an orange/grapefruit slice.
750ml SSR Rosé
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
200g Washed and hulled strawberries
70ml Lemon juice
Strawberry for garnish
- Pour rosé into a sheet pan and freeze until almost solid.
- Bring the sugar and water to the boil, turn down the heat and stir continuously until sugar has dissolved. Add in strawberries and remove from heat and let it cool for about 30 minutes before straining out the strawberries. You should be left with a strawberry flavoured simple syrup.
- Scrape the rosé into a blender along with the lemon juice and 100ml of the simple syrup.
- Blend until smooth and transfer into a container to freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer the slushy-like mixture into a glass and garnish with a strawberry.
Dressed in unmistakably modern and stylish stripes, the Perdeberg SSR wine style bridges the gap between semi-sweet and dry, resulting in an accessible, unpretentious wine that’s ready to be enjoyed on its own or in a cocktail at any occasion and by anyone. Conveniently available in a 750ml bottle or 250ml can for those who love to get out and about in nature.
For more information on Perdeberg Soft Smooth Range and additional cocktail options, please head to the site or follow them on Instagram.
Nestling in the shadows of the Paardeberg Mountain in Paarl, Perdeberg adopted its name from the mountain zebra that once roamed its foothills, which were mistaken for wild horses by the Dutch. Established in 1941, Perdeberg has produced award-winning wines grown in various micro climates in the area. The superior quality of dry land vineyards and innovative techniques of the winemaking team combine to produce premium wines of world-class quality.